It’s our privilege to pass along these resources to help keep babies in our community safe.
The Bronson Health Foundation received gifts toward the purchase of car seats and Pack n’ Plays on behalf of a number of Bronson and Bronson affiliated practices and staff members who care for the newborns in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. Similar direct donations were made to other organizations in our community which also provide care and resources for newborns. All of the groups listed below share a great deal of concern for the safety of our youngest patients, especially in light of the high infant mortality rate in our community. We hope that along with other valuable resources already in place in both Kalamazoo and Battle Creek, these donations might be a small step toward improving outcomes for babies and their families.
The gift includes multiple Pack ‘n Plays and car seats which will be distributed to families in need as identified by each of the practices and organizations. “We are so grateful to receive this donation in recognition for all of the work these staff members do to provide care for newborns in our community,” says Liz Semaan, executive director of the Bronson Health Foundation. “It’s our privilege to pass along these resources on their behalf to help keep babies in our community safe.”
- The gifts were provided by the following organizations:
- Bronson Newborn Hospitalist Service – Bronson Methodist Hospital and Bronson Battle Creek
- Bronson Methodist Hospital Birthplace Staff
- Bronson Battle Creek Birthplace Staff
- Bronson Methodist Hospital- Medical Social Work
- Bronson Lactation Service, Battle Creek and Kalamazoo
- Bronson Battle Creek Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Bronson Methodist Hospital Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Southwest Michigan Neonatology
- Cereal City Pediatrics, Battle Creek
- Grace Health Pediatrics, Battle Creek
Direct gift (not through BHF):
- Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services